Monday, March 1, 2010

Post-coup etiquette

Via Jina Moore, a Powerpoint presentation by an international consultant to the Guinean military on how to not violate human rights here. Too funny.

I thought the use of exclamation points was very effective- personally, whenever I see a sentence without an exclamation point at the end I always think, "If they really mean it, why no exclamation point?" I do have one suggestion though- I think the presentation would have been improved by taking a "Goofus and Gallant" kind of approach. For example,

  • Nice Nelson's army always respects human rights!
  • Bad Bashir's army thinks it's OK to ignore the Geneva Convention if no one is looking!

  • Nice Nelson is having a fun time at the big conference- all the other leaders want to see his international human rights award!
  • Bad Bashir has to stay home by himself and watch TV- he didn't even get invited to the big conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment